Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Whew! We made it!

Today my amazing daughter turns one. I can hardly believe that it was just a year ago that we were all camped out in a hospital room getting to know her. I have this whole sappy letter for her that I plan on posting but for today I'll just put up the pictures from this mornings' celebration and say that being a mom is so much better than I ever imagined. And I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for us next.
We decided to steal the doughnut for breakfast idea from Christina and Michelle and it was a BIG hit. Actually as I wrestled the mangled doughnut from her hands (because no one year old needs an entire doughnut before 7am) she melted down. Red face, tears, screaming, the whole bit. But then I brought out the balloons and she perked right up. Thank goodness one year olds have short memories.
One year ago today....

Yes, I know the whole orange tinted skin really brings out my eyes...

This morning...

She kept trying to reach out and grab the flame. Notice the one finger? We have been working on that for about a month now. And yes, the candle is blue and green. As I have said before I am over my aversion to pink. Target just didn't have much of a selection when it came to the number one - blue and green stripes or blue and green polka dots.

Not too sure about the texture but the sugar - Yummy!

That first bite was pretty tame compared to what came next. Before we could stop her she was shoveling it in like a squirrel (and ended up with the cheeks to prove it).

So very, very proud of herself and her mangled doughnut.

5 comments:

Christina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLATBREAD SAMMY!! We love you so much and can't wait to see you again!

Laura, you look so pretty in the picture of you and Sam from this morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy bday sam! these pics are SO cute! i Can't wait to share a doughnut with Sam over Xmas...
miss you, love you...

mamalouise said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! LOVE the pictures! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! Happy Birthday Samilicious! We love you very much! Can't believe it has already been a whole year!!!
Jill, Junior, Claire, Alli and Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam! I can't believe it has been a year! Matt, Ryan and I love you!
Amy