Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Since I have now been tagged twice to do this I am going to skip what this blog is supposed to be about (a baby blog) and just blog about me! I figure it's been almost a month at this point - what's a few more days???

What's the Honest Scrap award? Well, I am supposed to write 10 true things about myself and I was tagged by Christina and Rhyme and Reason, so here goes...

1.) I spent my first 2 and a half years after college as a traveling sales rep driving all over Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. And had some really, really crazy experiences. I got stuck in the mud in Louisiana, followed a truck filled with dead pigs down a two lane road in West Texas, met lots of really sweet people, crossed the Mississippi River at sunset (which is beautiful), and did it all by myself. At the beginning I never thought I would be able to do it but by the end I actually enjoyed it. And then spent the next three years traveling all over the country as a national sales manager which had it's own set of challenges...

2.) I love office supplies. I could spend hours and hours (and thousands of dollars in Staples). Specifically, I love pens. If I find a pen that I like I will buy at least five of them and put one in my purse, one in my desk, one at home, etc.

3.) I hate winter. There is a small part of me that misses the Northeast but I miss the people more than the actual place. I just can't imagine living in a place with real winter again. In Dallas we flirt with winter. As in, today we have a high of 45 but tomorrow it will be 70! I can deal with that. Always the possibility of spring around the corner. But no warm weather for months - no thank you.

4.) I have always wanted to be a runner. But I HATE running. Some people honestly look like they love it. Who are those people? How do they like it? What is the secret???

5.) I am one of the most uncoordinated people you will ever meet. I always have at least one bruise, bump, cut, or scratch fro running into something.

6.) I am a really big fan of the Eagles although I really don't get the fuss over college football since there is no even playing field to evaluate all of the teams on. I don't get how you can have a national champion when everyone doesn't play on the same level.

7.) Excluding alcoholic beverages, if I could only drink diet coke or iced tea for the rest of my life that would be completely fine with me. That's how addicted I am to both of those. Isn't that sad?

8.) Between KC and I we have kind of a crazy family tree. I have two regular (for lack of a better term) sisters who share the same mom and dad. They are both younger than me. I also have a younger half brother from my dad's second marriage. Then I have a younger step sister from my dad's third marriage. I also have two older step sisters from my mom's second marriage. One of which we talk to and one of which we do not. Are you keeping up?? KC has one younger regular brother (the one who got married in the Dominican last year) and two younger step brothers from his dad's second marriage. Did you get all that?

9.) I can't watch people embarrass themselves, even on television. I have to turn away. I can't explain it. It's the weirdest thing and I have no idea why it makes me feel so uncomfortable but I just can't do it. If there's a shrink out there reading this - any ideas?

10.) Growing up we didn't play school; we played office in our house. We would drag out chairs and tables to use as desks, phones, notepads, the whole thing. Our living room has french doors that I would sit behind as the president of our "company". My middle sister Ande was the secretary and the baby sister Kara got to be the messenger. Apparently we could not think of any other roles in a company other than president, secretary, and messenger.

I'm not really sure who I would tag since everyone I would tag seems to have already done this except for Kara - so here's an assignment for you Bear - add it to your list!

10 comments:

Christina said...

Yea, you did it! I knew you would, since you love those question emails so much!! ;)

I thought your explanation of your family tree was very clear and I now have a better understanding of it than ever (even more than during Andrew's toast at your wedding).

Also, I will move to Dallas. Seriously, find Andrew a job and we're there. Savannah or Dallas, either is fine with me, but I am sick and tired of Pennsylvania and its weather (it's so gross out today there are almost no words for it. Like, they canceled school on account of grossness. Not snow or ice, just ugly).

Laura said...

I think maybe I should have listed that as one of my ten things "obsessively fills out questionaires on the internet/eamil and then forwards them on to people". You knew I could not resist this!

Andrew's toast at our wedding is still talked about in our family. It's legandary (in a good way - not like KC's)

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

OMG! I ONLY got to be the messenger! Seriously! I got the shaft as a kid - it was either messenger or beast from beauty and the beast (I also got to be the candle stick or the baker sometimes if Beauty -aka Ande- needed me to)
But I love this post and of course I will do it! I have so many things to post about but I don't know about the whole privacy thing now... so annoying!

miss you so much!!!

p.s. I had a blatant spelling error when I posted this earlier - and I couldn't just leave it there as an English teacher. I'll put that one on the list 'unable to handle grammar mistakes without cringing even though I make them myself.' :)

mamalouise said...

I loved your 10! I didn't even know that you loved questionaire's but I did know that we were missing you in the blogger world so I thought this would get you back! I could not have done what you did traveling but I envy that you did that (if that even makes any sense). Thanks for doing this and coming back!

Anonymous said...

i love this 10 things....i have been trying to come up with 10...and maybe i will email them to you guys. i read Christina's last night, and was SO hoping you would do it too!
Kara...aka "beast"...love you

Anonymous said...

What amount can a company legally charge you to let a policy holder out of his car insurance policy?
Normally , how much does your agency charge when anyone wants to terminate and how much pressure do you use to maintain them?
What are some ideas or something like that we can say if our customer has many months still left on his present car plan? Certainly, all of us are not going to wait until his renewal comes due each time.

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at peanutchewning.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
William

Anonymous said...

ï»?At the same time add the potatoes still in their skins but cut in chunks and threaded on a metal skewerBut once you have mastered the many basic and intermediate skills required[url=http://www.authenticnikeDolphinsshop.com]Cameron Wake Jersey[/url]
you may be ready to graduate from grabbing any-old-house-cue to walking in with your very own personal pool weapon of choicetimestamp a When beat up[url=http://www.officialnikeravensshop.com/ravens_dennis_pitta_womens_jersey-c-8_28.html]Dennis Pitta Jersey[/url]
down or losing battles[url=http://www.authenticnikeColtsshop.com]T.Y. Hilton Jersey[/url]
go an help someone else Tracks have improved[url=http://www.nikebillsjersey.com]www.nikebillsjersey.com[/url]
purses have increased[url=http://www.nikeraidersjersey.com/nike-tim-brown-womens-jersey]Tim Brown Jersey[/url]
associations have organized events[url=http://www.officialnikeravensjerseys.com/nike+dennis+pitta+womens+jersey]Dennis Pitta Jersey[/url]
engines have become high tech and speed has increased but there is one thing that can never change-the drama and excitement of the raceBut it also must be emphasized the $4 The werewolf is generally held as a European character[url=http://www.nikesaintsjerseystore.com/mark_ingram_womens_jersey]Mark Ingram Jersey[/url]
although its lore spread through the world in later times
ï»?The placement of this satellite has ensured Dish Networks signal remains second to none with a 99 George carried the ball 405 times that year This is true regardless of the content of the presentationfavorite:hover > span background-position: -48px 2px;@elnicastroluca nicastroShockey

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are mistaken. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
YES, a variant good
Curiously, but it is not clear
I not absolutely understand, what you mean?
It yet did not get.

[url=http://shenenmaoyitt.smartlog.dk/making-future-treasures-manually-post1266740][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyiw.smartlog.dk/paper-bags-and-plastic-bags-can-be-used-for-items-packing-post1259917][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.michaelkorsoutlet0.350.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyipp.exteen.com/20130114/get-the-add-ons-consistent-with-a-flexible-handbag-organizer][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyif.freeblog.hu/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]