Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Please Touch Museum

Best Place Ever. Seriously. Sam LOVED it. Absolutely loved it.

When Sam and I went home a 2 weeks ago we took an afternoon trip to the new Philadelphia Please Touch Museum. If you haven't already been I would highly recommend it. It's awesome, even for a one year old. When I found out that I would have to pay $15 for me and $15 for Sam to get in I thought that was a little ridiculous but figured we would give it a try. It was well worth the money. They actually had to kick us out of the place. We'll definitely be back next time we go north!


I'm pretty sure Sam's wondering exactly how much Mom-Mom will get away with at the water table.
She may have been a little too short to really enjoy the water tables but she loved the air dryers. We spent a good 5 minutes turning these back on after they would shut off.
All time favorite thing - the slide. She goes down on her butt, face first, upside down, backwards, however she can wiggle out of my fast enough once she gets to the top.


She really liked this one but there was quite a traffic jam at the top after only one trip down.

Big fan of ducks and let's be honest - a goose looks like a big, white duck. if you didn't know any better this is a duck, just a prettier one.

Walking in Tom Hanks foot steps - How cool! (She actually doesn't weigh enough to make any music. That's why nothing is lighting up. It really did work.)

Her Highness

Her face went back and forth between this and complete amazement.

She could climb on almost anything she wanted - which she LOVED!

Of course we couldn't pass up the standard favorite, the carousel.
We are heading to Cincinnati for a wedding at the end of March and I'm hoping we get to check out the children's museum there too. It was the first place we have been there was so much stuff really geared just for her. I'm sure I'll try to squeeeze in a visit everytime we head back east.

4 comments:

Jill said...

so cute!!! I wish we had a please touch musuem here! Sam is such a cutie pie!!!

brooke said...

I can't wait to try this place out- - guess even after I have the kid I'll have serveral months to go :)

P.S. LOVE her outfit ;) hee hee

brooke said...

I can't wait to try this place out- - guess even after I have the kid I'll have serveral months to go :)

P.S. LOVE her outfit ;) hee hee

mamalouise said...

That museum looks great! We will have to keep that in mind if we are ever in the area! I heart our Children's Museum...who knew that we could take our children to museums at the ripe age of 1 and they would actually have fun? I sure didn't...but am thankful for it! :) Glad you guys had fun! Glad you are back...thanks for the comments! Facebook is amazing, just can't bring myself to attack ALL of those lists! :) Figured my blog stalkers would have more fun reading it anyway! :)