Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 1, 2007

My First Blog

I still am a little amazed (and scared) that in just a few short months (6) we will be mom and dad to someone. Since we have family far, far away we thought this would be an easy way to share everything going on down here in Texas.

The big news this past week is that I actually have a baby bump and we are expecting to feel Peanut anyday now. I had some morning sickness and lots of heartburn my first trimester but other than that nothing too bad in the first 14 weeks. And then came the pain. The last week and a half has brought a lovely, sharp pain to the right side of my rib cage. After seeing my doctor this past week she informed me that it is my ribs spreading. Everyone has informed me that I am carrying "high". I wonder if this is somehow related to the fact that my ribs are not large enough to handle this baby.

Here is my first belly picture: (Ande has been requesting this for weeks!)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Laura you look so cute!! Sorry about your ribs. I hope they feel better soon, because that doesn't sound like any fun. People keep telling me I'm carrying low, so Chase is always on my bladder, which means I have to run to the bathroom every five minutes. It's like the drive to Key West all over again!! :)

Jill said...

Oh Laura! Even though I just saw for dinner a little bit ago, I was so excited to see the picture of your new baby bump, aka Peanut! I carried high as well, so maybe Peanut is a GIRL!!! IF so, Claire has many things to teach her, like how to tear a room apart in less than 30 seconds! :)