Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 30, 2007

A Peanut or A Peanutette?

We went to the doctor today and we are having a perfectly healthy.......



Little Girl!



Although KC has been saying since the day that we found out it was a girl I think we were both a little shocked when the doctor told us. It just started to sink in that we are going to have a daughter. A little girl who will play with dolls, pass notes in class, have her heart broken, go to the prom, and eventually have a wedding. When we got to the wedding is when I saw the fact that we were having a daughter really sink in for KC. She does have a good start on her father. She already has him wrapped around her little finger, all 14 oz. and 9 inches of her.



Onto the name game....we had a few boy names, all of which we would have both loved. The girl names are another story. We have about 5 that we both like but we are not in love with any of them. Tonight we will start back at the drawing board. Going back to all of the girl names we eliminated over the last few months because, of course, we were having a boy! Shows what we know!



Now that we know we are having a girl we have quite a bit of decisions to make - name, bedding, nursery, and so many things that I can't even think about right now because I am still so amazed at the fact that KC and I will have a daughter.



Here is the belly shot that I have neglected to post the last two weeks:


5 comments:

brooke said...

Yay! I girl... while you guys are picking out name, nursery colors, etc... you should reserve a wedding hall and order invites and send Save-the-Dates to the Chewning/Palsky wedding! :) hee hee.
So excited for you too! Love ya!

Jill said...

I am so excited Claire will have a little girl to play with next door! We can't wait to meet little Miss Chewning!

Christina said...

Yea!
I can't wait for the next Bonnett Island wedding between Chase and Baby Girl Chewning!!

Christina said...

P.S. Laura, you look adorable (as always).

Ande said...

i will be honest...from day 1 I said BOY...it took me a whole day for "girl" to sink in...but i am SO EXCITED! KC is feeling so good about it..he has offered to pay for my own girls weddings! Laura you look fabulous! why don't we just name her ____ ____ Palsky to save her the trouble later?