Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To the jerk in 8B

Karma is a bitch - especially yours after the pouty, 'woe is me' display you put on last night. When I boarded the plane with Sam BY MYSELF I was hoping she would be an angel. Maybe even sleep.

Sam is the child that you looked at with complete disgust numerous times last night. I know the seat next to the baby wasn't your first choice. I apologize for the fact that she was overtired, and wired from 5 days of fun and just couldn't wind down to sleep even thought she was completely exhausted. I didn't want to sit with a crying, fidgety baby on my lap for over three hours anymore than you wanted to sit next to one.

I'm sorry she sneezed in your direction. I try to at least put my hand over her mouth when she appears to be in the verge of sneezing or coughing but I'm not a mind reader and at times get caught off guard. The rolling of your eyes and glare were unnecessary. I felt bad enough.

The constant sighing and sifting of your weight was something else that I felt bad about at first but after an hour I wanted to tell you to GET OVER YOURSELF. I know you want to read your The Undercover Economist in peace and type your emails without a soundtrack of "yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah" Face it you're stuck on a plane with a baby and her mother. We'll get there when we get there. You making an issue out of it isn't making the plane fly any faster.

By no means did I expect you or anyone else to entertain my child. But somehow the sweet gentleman behind us found the strength to at least smile at her when she looked at him. She attempted on numerous occasions to smile and babble to you which, like everything else, you found offensive. Don't worry you are the last person I would want to engage with my child. She might come away with a permanent frown.

Feel free to upgrade next time. The chances of sitting next to a baby in first class are significantly lower. And I really hope that whatever poor girl you marry knows what an arse you are when it comes to kids.

PS - if anyone still reads this blog I apologize for the fact that my first post in 2 weeks is a rant. I'll be back to my normal cheery self by tomorrow. I promise.

3 comments:

brooke said...

What an A-double-scribble! You should've left one of her dirty diapers in his attache!

Christina said...

Wow, what a douche. I'm sorry you had to sit next to such a jerk. But I'm glad you came up to visit and I'm glad you got home safely! Now wear that pin with pride!! :)

mamalouise said...

I love the rant! One-because I am a regular Peanut Chewning blog stalker and have missed your posts, and Two-because I bet you felt a LOT better after writing it! That guy was a nightmare and karma is a bitch...he will end up with two sets of twins within 2 years and never be able to travel on an airplane again (let alone in "peace"). :) Honestly...he doesn't even know what he is missing.