Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chompers

I didn't really believe. Everyone kept telling me that she was teething. And while I agree that she chewed on everything in sight I thought isn't that what babies do??? We have been chewing on things for what seems like forever with no teeth in sight.

A tooth arrived. Not a full fledged tooth but the tip of one popping through the skin. Apparently this tooth arrived between the hours of 11pm and 5am last night. We have somehow avoided getting too sick (thank you nursing) and a real boo-boo so this was our first venture into baby pain. It sucks and it is a place I never, ever want to go again. It is possibly the worst feeling in the whole world looking at that sweet little face and not being able to fix it. Having 2 grown ups without sleep and a baby in pain made for a lovely family gathering in our bed from 2am to 7am. Yes, I know that we made all kinds of promises to ourselves about Peanut sleeping in her bed and not in ours but cutting a tooth throws any rule right out the window. And our resolve was strong for the first three hours but with no signs of relief our bed looked like a good place to weather the storm. Honestly, Sam could have asked for pretty much anything she wanted last night and we would have agreed - car of her own, semester abroad, designer purse collection, this was her chance. Since she can't talk and we seem to be doing much better this morning her window of opportunity is now closed.

We go for our 6 month check up this afternoon and get to see how much we have grown in the last 2 months. At our last appointment we weighed 13 lbs. 15 oz. and were 24.5" long. Any guesses?

As soon as I can I will post a picture of her smile. You may or may not be able to see any teeth but I promise the beginning of a chomper is in there.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh, poor little Peanut! I know Chase was miserable with teething, and he even got a fever (even though Andrew's dad told us that fevers and teething unrelated, every mother I know swears her baby got a fever every time they teethed, so who knows). I hope she feels better and that you guys get some sleep tonight!!