Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sam Goes International...Or Not...

This has been a long day. The last few days have been crazy as we prepared for a week in the Dominican Republic for Kirk and Devon's wedding. Lots of packing and laundry, and more packing, and last minute shopping, and more packing.
This morning we got up at 4am ready to hit the road. Left plenty of time for check-in. We even grabbed a little breakfast before boarding. Only to sit and sit and sit. Two hours after getting on the plane we left Dallas. Other than the fact that we are pretty darn lucky Sam didn't lose her mind this meant a missed connection in Miami and a total of4.5 hours on that plane. We figured a few hours to kill at the worst. We never imagined I would be writing this from the lobby of the Wyndham Miami Airport. All for a missing clamp on a cargo net.
I would say this Sam's first travel delay but I am thinking our daughter may be bad travel luck. We were also delayed the first time we flew with her in April. A missing clamp or the curse of Sam?
All of the packing that I mentioned above meant that we have way too many pieces of luggage and they are all HEAVY. KC was worried about it but I convinced him that it wouldn't matter because we wouldn't really be carrying it anywhere, um, whoops. I didn't anticipate the trips through the Miami airport finding a hotel shuttle and then the trip to the hotel shuttle. I think Sam gets her patience from her dad.
So now we are keeping our fingers crossed that tomorrow our flight leaves without a hitch.
I'll keep you updated...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!!! I can't believe you were delayed long enough to spend the night in Miami! What a nightmare. And to think, I was jealous of you yesterday! Oh wait, I AM still jealous b/c you are still in a tropical paradise! love you guys!

brooke said...

Oh No! I'm hoping since we haven't received an update that means you and crew finally arrived in paradise!! So jealous! Can't wait to see pictures! xox