Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 7, 2008

In Celebration of Mom-Mom

Yesterday Sam, Auntie Kara, and I walked in the Susan G. Komen Race For A Cure in Plano, TX. We walked in celebration of my mom who is celebrating 6 years cancer free! We did the 5K and about 1 and a half miles in Sam decided that she would be much happier and see everything better if we were holding her. She was charming people left and right with her smiles and got her picture taken quite a few times. Thankfully it wasn't too sunny, just warm and breezy. Of course I brought my camera and the battery was dead so we had to take pictures with my phone.

Sam - Ready to get this party started!
Thank you Grandma for the awesome pink ribbon bandannas


Sam and I pre-walk


Sam and Auntie Kara


Yea! We made it!


Sam and I post-walk

I have to say thank you to everyone who helped me and Sam make our fundraising goal. You guys rock! All together the Plano walk raised almost $300K.

Eric
Mom & Hank
Erin & Kyle
Kirk & Devon
George & Di

We are hoping to walk in the 3 Day next year with Mom-mom and Auntie Ande. We are considering the 3.1 miles today a small warm up for the 60 miles (!) next year. There were so many people with 3 Day shirts and Survivor/In Celebration/In Memory shirts on that it was a real inspiration. Hopefully if we walk in enough of these when Sam is older she won't have to.

We love you Mom-Mom and wish you could have been in Dallas to walk with us! Maybe next year!

5 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! Way to go, Ladies!

Christina said...

Also, Laura, you look awesome! I can't get over how little your arms are!! Yay WW!!!!

brooke said...

Laura, you look fantastic!!! I second Christina's comment - your arms were the first thing I noticed, so jealous! So great of you ladies to walk! Keep us posted on the 3-day-er!!

Laura said...

Thanks Ladies! I am officially a WW addict. I love it!

Kara said...

I had so much fun! I miss Sam (and you too!) already! You should add at the end that you made me get up and walk more the very next morning...and I don't think WW addict officially describs how truly obsessed you are! BUT you look HOT so it's worth it! love you!