Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Miss Independent

Sam is already showing an independent/stubborn streak. Her soothie is the best example of this. Even when she was an itty bitty thing she wasn't a soothie addict. She liked it and it would calm her down when she was losing it but we didn't have a 24 hour dependence on it. I think it is hereditary, neither KC or I were pacifier kids. Now she won't take it from KC or I AT ALL! I like for her to take it first thing in the morning because it seems to relax her right after she wakes up (and it will usually send her right back to sleep - at 5am I will take anything). She will only take it if she puts it in her mouth. I have to put it in her hand and she will get it to her mouth. If I ever figure how to put videos up I will post one of this event. It is hysterical because as she is doing it she talks to herself. I like to think "ahhh, bahhhh, ahhh" are words of encouragement in baby talk.
We have no idea where she got this stubborn independent streak from but we think it's a sign that we are in for trouble down the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! look at these posts! I love that you are a regular poster now! I can't wait to see her this weekend! I already have a plan to get her crawling ...