Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We survived our first road trip!


We survived the drive to Houston and had an awesome weekend with Auntie Kara. It took us a very long 6 hours to get there and we had one or two meltdowns but overall we did very well. I had not been to visit Kara in her new place since she moved in last summer. It is so cute! Sam loved crawling around on the floor. ( I forgot what it was like not to worry about dog hair everywhere.) We even showed Kara our new scooting skills. She was so impressed.

Sam had dinner when we got there and for whatever reason the nail clippers sent her into fits of giggles. Here is the video that I managed to get with my digital camera. (The video camera stayed in Dallas).


Saturday was filled with pool time, eating, shopping, more eating, more shopping, and a trip to our favorite place in the whole world - Target! In all our adventure lasted 9 hours! Thank god Sam is a trooper. Marathon shopping days seem to happen whenever girls together. Auntie Kara even put Sam to sleep. Back tickles and lots of snuggles seemed to do the trick.
On Sunday we got to have brunch (homemade waffles, crispy bacon, fruit, eggs, and all kinds of other yummy breakfast food) at the McCord's and meet Buster. Since Buster weighs in at only 5 pounds Sam wasn't sure what to make of him. Her own pups outweigh Buster by a mere 80 pounds each.
Overall we had a fantastic weekend in Houston and I am sure we will head down at least one more time this summer.

Ready to start our big adventure



Showing Kara our scooting skills (with a little Zoe motivation)


The bathing beauty is ready to hit the pool


Hanging out with Auntie Kara



Lunch at the Black Walnut Cafe (We had salad and pasta. Sam had table and pears.)


Wiped out after lunch and a few stores.


After a nap ready to keep shopping! (Obviously my kid, even if she doesn't look like me.)


Future Mustang? (KC says only if Auntie Kara is footing the bill)



Meeting Buster

On our way home. This is the look of "please, please get me out of this seat. My butt is falling asleep."


4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my gosh, she is so cute!! I love her laugh. Also, wow, she is really making moves on the crawling front! She's so far ahead of Chase and he's 9 weeks older than she is! I swear, she's going to have to drag him down the aisle because he probably still won't be crawling by the time they get married.

Laura said...

It's not a full out crawl yet but to throw a bit of sunshine your way she is definitely sleeping better now that she is mobile. THANK GOD!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the video! That laugh just melts my heart! I can't belive how big Sam is getting! It goes by so fast!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Scooting and then before you now it, she'll be crawling. I'd better get down there soon so I don't miss the event. And, she's getting more hair .. and that laugh, I love it.