Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

President, Not Princess

I am not a big fan of the "princess" or "diva" things. It took me a long time to make peace with the massive amounts of pink things that you receive when you have a baby girl. I have never been a pink (or purple) person. But there are a lot of pink and purple things out there for little girls, some of which are adorable. Now Sam wears pink and purple on a regular basis and (of course) looks so cute.

It's not that I am a big tomboy. I like getting dressed up. Getting a pedicure is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I wear dresses and skirts more than pants or shorts. I make a mean key lime pie and Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favorite movies. But the princess and diva thing I just can't get on board with.

Apparently I won't have to. I love
this website and can't wait to get one of the shirts for Sam. I can't decide between the "President Not Princess" and the "Doctor Not Diva".

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is so great. I am totally with you, I hate that "princess" and "diva" stuff (especially the diva stuff). Yay for future president Dr. Sam!!