Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 25, 2008

What Could Be Worse?

I'm sure there is a long list of things that could be worse, and are in fact worse then what I am about to write...BUT none of them have happened to me in my 29 years so this is at the top of my list.

Holding your child at 2am while she screams uncontrollably. A guttural cry that if you ever have to hear again you feel like you might go deaf. And you sob as a result. That's my worst, and that's where I was at 2am this morning.

I HATE TEETHING. We have tried, and continue to try Motrin, Tylenol, Baby Orajel, and those homeopathic teething tablets. Everything seems to work for awhile and then we are miserable again. She is holding up pretty good during the day and even at dinner last night she wasn't too bad. Just wanted to be held and not much interest in eating. She is still nursing, so I am assuming that she is getting enough nutrients that she is not dehydrated. She peed through her diaper last night so I think we're ok. (TMI?) Why can't this other tooth cut? RIGHT NOW.

I think the baby gods are thinking "well, you have had it pretty good the last 7 months and we haven't thrown you too many problems since that whole weight thing right at the beginning. You seem to be getting a little cocky about this parenting gig. Let's throw a wrench in there for you." Now picture me making an obscene gesture at the baby gods.

Side note: if you are wondering I don't have make-up on today either and the circles under my eyes are much, much worse. The whole nap in the car thing has not yet been ruled out for this morning. I am supposed to get a pedicure at lunch today. I wonder of the little old lady will be offended if I fall asleep in the chair?

My mom will be here today. She'll have all the answers.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that last night was so terrible, too! I hope that tooth cuts while you're at work today and then tonight you can all sleep soundly!