Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

We'll start with the bad...


After 7+ months Peanut had her first fever last night. While I was thankful that we lasted this long without one her sad little face and glazed over eyes almost did me in. We sat at dinner with Pop (part of the good news) and just snuggled and watched. I know doctors say that teething will not give them a fever but I'm not sure what else to attribute it to? When we woke up at 4:15 AM the fever was gone and it was still gone this morning. I am positive of this because I took her temperature 6 times in 20 minutes.


That leads us to the ugly...


There are 2 parts to the ugly - first the fact that we were awake at 4:15 this morning and would not go back to sleep until after 5am, a mere 60 minutes before Mom has to get up to go to work. Since KC is on vacation today you would assume that he would have taken care of her. Except for the fact that she screamed like we were torturing her unless I was holding her. Seriously, screamed like... (I'm actually at a loss for words at this point). There really isn't a good way to describe how she screamed other than the fact that it was awful and I couldn't take it so I held her.

The second part of the ugly is me this morning. I am so tired. I have ridiculous circles under my eyes and no make-up becuase I couldn't muster up the strenght to put it on, or care enough about wearing it. Since she also screamed while I took a shower, combed my hair, and got dressed I had to minimize my time away from her. At least when she was a newborn and sleeping in short bursts I didn't have to go to work. I am considering sneaking out to my car and sleeping. The only thing stopping me is the fact that gas costs $4 a gallon and it would cost me $12 to take a nap. Well, that and the fear of losing my job.


I don't want to leave you with the thought that all is bad here in our corner of the world so onto the good news...


Our Pop arrived last night. Yea!!! Even though Pop still lives up in PA he has seen Sam every month since she arrived. We have a special corner of heart just dedicated to our Pop. Here is Pop doing story time before bed last night.



Now it's ok to giggle a little when you read the end of that sentence. Personally I am cracking up. Why? Because I know that story time was not followed by bedtime. Bedtime came a few hours after story time. And even then we can't really call it bedtime, more like nap time since it was just a few brief hours.


And more good news...

Mom-mom and Auntie Kara arrive tomorrow! Yea for Mom and Peanut!!! They will be amazed at how much Sam has changed. I have to be honest. It will also be fabulous to have 4 more eyes to watch our little demon. Her newest obsession is playing with the computer cord. Before you call child services know that we don't let her play with it we just catch her after she already has it in her hands.

One last thought...THANK GOD IT'S THURSDAY....

1 comment:

Christina said...

Poor little Sammy! (and poor Laura!!) I hope everything is better. I know they say babies don't get fevers when they teethe but Chase has the last two times (including now). I hope she feels better soon!