Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cruising, Indians, and Sippy Cups

KC and Sam survived my work trip. When I finally made it home on Saturday Sam had all kinds of new tricks to show off. I had to catch them on video.

We are an expert at pulling our self up using the ottoman and the couch. And we can even cruise a bit if something we really, really want is out of reach.


It looks like a rough spill at the end of the video above but she was fine!



Our first sippy cup. I still can not believe that she is old enough for a sippy cup!
The introduction of the sippy cup has KC singing "I drink from a sippy cup, sippy cup, sippy cup. 'Cause I'm a big girl now." Charlie Waffles (The drunk kids singer that Charlie Sheen played on Two and a Half Men)






Our little Indian (Is it even PC to say that? I am offending a ton of people right now? If so, Sorry!)

And we discovered the book on our Around-We-Go. She will be running around and around yelling and making noise and then get to the book and get really quiet. She seems like she is concentrating so hard on it.

Bedtime Update: Not that this explains the randomness of the last 3 months but apparently this week can be explained by teething AGAIN! I'm not sure that she's actually cutting teeth but her top gum is really swollen. Miss Emily (the most amazing caregiver in the whole world, who Sam absolutely adores) discovered this on Thursday. KC mastered bedtime while I was gone with a lot of rocking and snuggling and both nights she slept great! But just in case it was a fluke the sleep book Christina recommended is sitting in my mail box waiting for me.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Oh My God! She is going to be freaking jogging in the Walk for the Cure next year! Maybe even by the time I get there in 2 weeks! I cannot even believe how big she is and I cannot WAIT to see her! I'm glad everyone was okay even while you were away and I even more impressed at KC's bedtime skills! Did you tell him about my back rubbing skills? KC can sleep like a champ so he might have rubbed off on her....
love you and miss you so!

brooke said...

What is going on!? Between Sam moving and shaking and Chase talking... amazing! Time is flying by - - looks like you guys are having a blast :) miss you!

Unknown said...

She is too cute! I love how she imitated KC perfectly! Good thing you have already started baby proofing!