Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Food Post? Sheesh.

Yes, another food post. Food has been an ongoing issue since Sam came home from the hospital. We went through a phase of not eating and losing too much weight. And then a phase of some very painful stomach problems. Now food isn't so much as issue as an ongoing event in our house. Over the weekend we had a few firsts.

1.) First time we flip flopped - Blueberries are now on the like list. Is this a sign of a future politician?
2.) First Biter's Biscuit - I spent a good 10 minutes in Target looking for zwieback crackers and could only come up with biter biscuits. I am assuming they are the same thing or so close it doesn't matter.
3.) We tasted graham crackers! And loved them! See video below.
4.) I bribed her with puffs for most the time we were in Target. (It takes me a while to make my way through there!)
5.) We tried strawberries for the first time and the jury is still out. See picture below.

Dinner with dad = peas in the ear, hair, etc...


Loving the biter biscuit! I think these may have to be reserved for areas when she not as mobile. After making it nice and gooey she dragged it along the floor after herself as she crawled. And then brought gross to a whole new level when she used it to pet the dogs. It would have gone straight to the trash but then she abandoned it in favor of something else and Raja quickly snapped it up. Up until Sunday Raja's interest in her had waned. Now that she is possible source of food we are back to the love fest.

After all the panting and excitement over a graham cracker there's not much I can say.


Not quite sure what we think about strawberries yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Lots of firsts all over the place! Hopefully you are writing them on a calendar somewhere or in her babybook! Plus, you should definitely print out the pictures of the faces she makes and keep them with those dates in the book/calendar! Too cute!

brooke said...

Umm, Laura, I know I don't know Sam all that well, but from the looks of it... I don't think she likes strawberries. hee hee.

Laura said...

I'm not sure she likes them either but they may be growing on her. She was a little more receptive this morning. At one point last night I put a piece in her mouth and she spit it right out! Since we flip flopped on blueberries I am trying to hold off on putting anything on the do not eat list. The faces she makes are a riot though.