Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Swingtown

Nope, it's not what you were thinking. And by what you were thinking I mean a post about that new show Swingtown on NBC. But I could write a post about that show because I LOVE IT! 70's songs, stereotypes and all. But back to the baby blog this is supposed to be...


Last weekend we headed to a playground in the neighborhood that is attached to ours. Sam had never been on a swing before (she also hadn't broke any laws before but I'll get to that) and she LOVED it!!! We arrived about 7:30 in the morning on Saturday so there weren't too many people stirring, just a few dog walkers and some joggers. After settling in we started swinging. A little shaky at first and a look of "I'm not really sure what is happening. This is how I feel after one too many margarita's but it's too early for tequila..." (Just kidding. She is not allowed to drink margarita's or tequila...yet.) As long as I made sure I was right in front of her almost face to face she was fine. After a few minutes she really started to enjoy it - legs kicking and all.

Back to the law breaking, the neighborhood we were in is a fancy pants neighborhood. By fancy pants I mean they have an HOA and let you know that you are a trespasser just for stepping foot on their playground. I am kind of a wuss so the whole time we are swinging I am thinking "oh wow, I hope no one says anything to us. It's so early no one will be here. And really, since no one else is here it's not like I am kicking some deserving kid whose parents pay for the HOA off the swings." All of these thoughts and more ran through my mind as I am pushing Sam. We did make it out of there without incident and even returned on Sunday morning with Dad. The funny part? When I talked to Jill she told me that the playground that is about 100 yards past the one we went to (an at least twice as big) is a city playground so no one can yell at you. But she also said that the first time she took Claire to the playground they went to the neighborhood one and she was thinking the same thing "please don't let me get caught. please don't let me get caught."

When we took Dad with us on Sunday morning we even tried out the slide (note to self - skirts are no conducive to sliding) and the ladder on the side of the playground. Both were hits.

As soon as the rain stops and it isn't hot and disgustingly muggy out we will head back to the swings. The swings we are allowed to use.





Sorry about the quality of the pictures. All of the semi-cute photos are from Sunday - when I forgot my camera. Of course.

1 comment:

Steph said...

So much fun!!!! She looks like she's having the best time! Next time glare suspiciously at anyone who shows up, make them feel nervous!