Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pool Time

This weekend we got out our new baby pool and tried it out for the first time. We had not had the pleasure of hanging out in a baby pool, splashing, and chasing large cups around the pool all summer. Mostly because it has been so freaking hot that the only time even a baby pool would be appropriate would be at 9 in the morning. And I work, so that's out. Thankfully we live in Texas so a baby pool may get use well into October. (Being from the northeast where October meant pants or tights on under your princess costume on Halloween it gives me great pleasure to know that we will be sweating in October - and maybe even November - yippee!)

But back to the topic at hand. Why is she only wearing a swim diaper in the first 2 pictures? Murphy's Law - we figured the pool is pretty much in the shade we don't need to bother with a top; just sunscreen and a swim diaper will be fine. Of course, where is the only place Sam wants to play? the sunny spot. The 25% of the pool in the sun - that's where. So inside I went to get the top to a bathing suit. And then where did she play? The shady part of the pool. sigh.


Maybe we want to sit down. Maybe we don't.


Look Ma! I'm standing!


Splashing some water right up into her face. She was both irritated and amazed by this.
No, we are not white trash. It just looks like that because our kid is playing with a Styrofoam cup in the pool. But she loves it and it floats. Plus she was waaay more interested in the Styrofoam cup than the toy monkey that she brought with her. (yep, a bath toy)

I think she looks like a drunk cheerleader in this one. A cheerleader that can not figure out which way her microphone should go.

When those little dagger teeth started to take chunks out of the Sonic cup we switched it for a plastic one. Which she proceeded to drink out of inadvertently.


And that resulted in this face. We called this her "how could you not tell me that was going to happen?" face.

But then we did it again and again so I guess it didn't bother her that much.



Now playing shy baby - "oh were you looking for this cup? this cup? Nope, no cup here."

She had a little trouble using the side (of an inflatable pool!!!) to stand up. So we decorated with a little grass on our face for a while.

"I wonder if they would notice if I just took off? I bet I could make it to the fence..."

Again, touching everything with just one finger. She had a lot of trouble keeping just one finger on the slippery side of a pool.


And then we really took a tumble. She was fine after this but not as excited to get back in the pool. I think she was a little cold by now. (Because it was only 90 degrees out, not 100)


After pool time. Snuggles with Dad.

I love this picture. I think it captures how much fun she is. And the open mouth smile just melts my heart every time.

this was the point when we thinking how incredibly lucky we are to have Sam in our lives. (I was thinking how lucky I am to have both of them.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the play by play and lots of pictures, it's almost as good as a video...still not as good as being there in person, but in 13 days i can see the real deal!