Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Week In Review

It was a pretty fun week in our house. We celebrated Dad's birthday twice - once at home (where the icing tasting took place) and once at a restaurant. I used to look at the restaurant floor after people with kids left and think "oh my, how did they make such a mess? And not clean up after themselves? tsk. tsk. tsk." How things change. I am amazed at the mess she can make with just a few Cheerios's and a piece zwieback toast. I felt terrible but unless I am going to carry a vacuum with me there really isn't much I can do about it. And there is NO WAY I am carrying one more thing. I feel like a bag lady as it is.

Watching her face change as she tasted the icing was hysterical. She went from "what the heck is this?" to " More, please" in no time at all.

The hardest thing right now is keeping up with her. If I turn my back for a second she's off. And she always seems to be headed for whatever it is that she can't play with - an outlet without a baby proof cover (changing that ASAP), a wire, and we discovered the dog bowls (say it with me - EWWWW!!!). Thank god she forgot about the dog bowls after we left the kitchen and hasn't "re-discovered" them yet. I am considering getting a little bell for her to wear around her wrist so that I can hear what direction she is heading at all times. The next time someone comes to visit don't be surprised with rubber, padded walls, pillows on the floor and nothing else.

Our first taste of butter cream icing

Not sure what to make of this but it might be a good thing....

Ahh, she did get a sweet tooth from her dad

KC and Sam occupying themselves at Target while Mom was in the fitting room

She is always such a good baby at Target. I think she might love it as much as her mom.

Dad's birthday dinner with Auntie Dev


Just enjoying some zwieback toast. Does anyone else bribe their kid with food already? I think half the time she doesn't even really eat it. She just plays with it.


She will try to climb anything - including the kitchen cabinets.

Note the brush in the background. We carried it everywhere this weekend. Maybe she won't have a lovey, just a $3 brush from Babies R Us.

This is also her favorite thing. Everything has to be touched with one finger. EVERYTHING - Grandma's nails, the side of the pool, the bed frame, Cheerios's...

3 comments:

nanseasews said...

I am so glad that you are blogging so I can keep up with that little Samster! She looks like she is ready to take off any day and go running after Raja and Jake or maybe lead them around the yard...
Love, Mom

Kara said...

I LOVE that she wore her blue dress to KC's birthday dinner! She looks so cute in it! Is the white one already too small?
She is getting so big I cannot WAIT to see her! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I just need to see it....the whole moving so fast thing....iknow it happens, but i like to pretend she waits for me to do new stuff. haha. but i love the icing face, that just made my whole day!