Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 21, 2008

When it rains it pours

Sorry for the absence of posts this week. I have about 6 in the draft folder I just haven't had a chance to finish any. KC was traveling for the first part of this week so it's always a little crazier when he is gone but this was too much. I was trying to get some laundry done on Tuesday and when I went to change the loads the washer and dryer wouldn't do anything. They are both electronic and I had no beeps, no lights, nothing. So I trek into the garage, over boards, and behind furniture to flip the breakers hoping that will do the trick. The washer is now working but no dryer. I go through this routine no less than 3 times and still no dryer. So the wet sheets head to my MIL's for drying and all laundry is placed on hold for the time being. The funniest part - it has not rained in Dallas for what seems like months. We have had temperatures in the triple digits. If this was still the case I could just hang the laundry in the backyard and let it air dry. But no such luck, it has rained off and on for three days now. Seriously.

To keep the adventure going I get into the car yesterday morning to head to work and all I get it this clicking noise. So after a call to AAA they head out to jump the car and promptly tell me that I need a new battery so don't turn off the car head right to the store. Car running I head inside, put up the dogs, grab a purse, some wipes, and a toy for Sam and head to Wal-Mart. No problem, they say it will take about an hour. I am thinking I can easily kill an hour in Super Wal-Mart. Sam and I peruse the school supplies, do a little grocery shopping, and then she starts crying loudly. She had abandoned her toy in favor of chewing on the cart handle and hit her mouth. Out of the seat and into my arms, resting her head on my shoulder. No trouble, just a little harder to shop with one hand. Look down and what do I see but blood on my shoulder. She must have cut her mouth on the cart handle when she bumped it. After grabbing some ice from Subway and a mesh bag from the baby section we calmed down a bit.

That was the end of the drama in my house yesterday. Sam was so tuckered out by the end of the day she feel asleep in her high chair at the dinner table (evidence below). Today is KC's 29th birthday. Birthday post coming later!



No comments: